Tampa Bay Ultimate is excited to announce Janus XXVII, coming January 18-19, 2020. Yes, that is right 27 years old! Being old means it is expected that we reflect and make
Tampa Bay Ultimate is excited to announce Janus XXVII, coming January 18-19, 2020. Yes, that is right 27 years old!
Being old means it is expected that we reflect and make changes, and stick with what works.
We are continuing with the Ellis Methvin and Otis M. Andrews Sports Complex in Plant City, FL for the venue.
We are however splitting apart the youth tournament from the Men’s, Mixed, College (Men’s) divisions. More information on this will follow.
Being a January tournament, we like to use this opportunity to emphasize the Spirit of the Game that helps to make Ultimate special and enjoyable. As part of this, we will continue our tradition of Spirit Awards for each division, and we hope that each team comes with a unique spirit game during half-time or after the game!
We are currently planning for four divisions with the points of contact below. For division specific questions, please reach out to the specific division coordinators.
Club Men: Rocco Janus.Ultimate.Open@gmail.com
Club Mixed: Bryana Yocum Janus.Ultimate.Mixed@gmail.com
College Men: Dario Milano Janus.Ultimate.College@gmail.com
Youth: Kaitlyn Santoro and Robert Miller Janus.Ultimate.Youth@gmail.com
Due to the size of the Sports Complex, we will be limiting the size of each division as follows:
- Club Men’s – 16 teams
- Club Mixed – 16 teams
- College Men’s – 8 teams (Non Sanctioned)
- Youth- TBD (More information to come from Kaitlyn and Robert)
***First come, first served based on 100% completed registration and payment. No day-of payments will be accepted***
If you have any questions, please contact Janus.Ultimate.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WHEN: MLK Weekend
Club/College Men’s & Mixed – January 18, 2020 – January 19, 2020
Youth – January 11, 2020
- TIME: Games will start at 9AM.
Open/Mixed/College: Ellis Methvin and Otis M. Andrews Sports Complex (2602 E Cherry St. Plant City, FL 33563)
- TEAM FEE:
Youth – $150 until Nov 14, then $200
Adult General Pricing (price set when full payment is made):
September 1 – November 14:
Club/College Open & Mixed – $400
November 15 – December 14:
Club/College Open & Mixed – $450
December 15 – January 10:
Club/College Open & Mixed – $500
- PRIZES: TBD
- PARTY: More information on the tournament party to come.
- NEED MORE INFO: Contact the division organizer listed above or the Tournament Director Brian Burnap at Janus.Ultimate.TD@gmail.com
Youth: Puryear Park (5701 Lee Street, St. Petersburg, FL 33703)
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/796004974129915/
- WAIVER: Each player must fill out a waiver to be eligible to play.
- Teams must complete all pool play games. Failure to do so will drop team to bottom of the bracket. Additionally, TD reserves the right to refuse the team a bid in the following year.
- Youth teams must have their designated chaperone present at all times during games. Failure to have designated chaperone will result in a forfeit of the game.
Submit your bid.
Submit your payment.
See who’s going:
Ave Maria Ultimate
Ave Maria, FL
The B Team
F IT Ultimate
A Men's Team Named Desire
He'll Yeah, Brother
Let's Get Peculiar
Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.
Georgia Temp Name
Dr. Unk Frisbaes
Largo High School
Coral Gables, FL
Florida State C
Florida Poly Mutants
18 (Saturday) 9:00 am - 19 (Sunday) 5:00 pm
Ellis Methvin and Otis M. Andrews Sports Complex
2602 E Cherry St. Plant City, FL 33563
Players signed up:
Your name will only appear in this list once your payment has fully processed.