The Important Stuff (DEFINITELY READ THIS) Tampa Bay Ultimate is proud to present Fall League 2019! WHEN: Fridays, September 13th through November 22nd, 7:30pm-10:30pm. WHERE: Lakewood Soccer Complex (2001 Country
The Important Stuff (DEFINITELY READ THIS)
Tampa Bay Ultimate is proud to present Fall League 2019!
- WHEN: Fridays, September 13th through November 22nd, 7:30pm-10:30pm.
- WHERE: Lakewood Soccer Complex (2001 Country Club Way S, St. Petersburg, FL 33712)
- PLAYER FEE: $40 until August 17th at midnight, $50 after. Registration closes September 13th. There is a student discount for $35. Students may use the coupon code FLSTUD19 during checkout
- MORE INFO: Contact Alex Gardner, TBU League Director
Fall League will be Recreational Level mixed play. The first week of league will be hatter style to allow players to meet each other, get a sense of the game, and to allow new and returning players to be evaluated by captains prior to the draft. The second week will be a social event in Downtown St. Pete while Club Regionals are going on. After that, round robin play will begin on the third week.
Baggage is allowed for Fall League! If you wish to baggage with another player, both players must select each other during the checkout process. It is also helpful to confirm baggage with League Director.
Early-bird entry is $40 until August 17th at midnight. Otherwise, make sure to sign up by September 13th to guarantee your spot in league for $50. Additions after that date may not be possible, but check with the League Director. If you register but do not see your name on the roster below, PLEASE CONTACT THE LEAGUE DIRECTOR DIRECTLY.
Fall League will use a rolling wait-list during signups. The initial benchmark is 108 players. After 108 players, signups will be placed on a wait list. If the total amount of signups reaches 128 players, we will move all waitlist signups into the league pool and the new cap will be 144 players, so long as enough women have signed up for the league to support 8 teams. Any players past 144 will be waitlisted. If waitlisted players are not placed in the league, they will be refunded their full signup amount.
Fall League will again utilize a sub-pool of players who are willing to help teams having to play savage due to poor attendance. Players can enter the sub-pool at a discounted rate and will be assigned to a default team but will be moved to teams in need of players if attendance is poor, at the league director’s discretion. If attendance is good, then sub-pool players will play with their default teams. During playoffs, sub-pool players will play with their default teams, regardless of attendance. Reach out to the League Director before registering if you are interested in signing up for the sub-pool.
By enrolling in this event, you explicitly agree to the terms of the TBUltimate Waiver & Release posted here.
Finally, once you enroll for this event, please make sure your t-shirt size & gender, skill level, and athletic ability are accurately filled out in your user profile.
August 17th @ Midnight: Early Registration special ends
September 13th: Registration closes, Pre-Draft Hatter to kick off League
September 19th: Playoff dates will be announced
September 20th: Social Event
September 27th: Round Robin play begins
Other Important Details (Please read this)
- 2 games a night, starting at 7:30 pm & 9:00 pm.
- Games to 13, halftime at 7. Halftime may be no more than 5 minutes.
- Soft Cap (+1) is at 75 minutes from the start of the round – 8:45 pm & 10:15 pm. The winning team has to score the last point.
- At the time of soft cap, finish the current point, then add one to the higher score and play to that. Waiting to pull the disc or waiting during halftime is part of the current point. If one team scores to 13 at the time of soft cap, the game is over.
- Teams are allowed 1 timeout per half and one floating timeout each game. Timeouts are allowed in soft cap. Please aim to keep timeouts under two minutes.
- In the rare event that a round 1 game rolls over into round 2, please be considerate to the teams still playing. It’s most likely that the trailing team is on an amazing comeback to try and win the game.
Gender Ratio Rules
Captains will be provided a guideline for gender ratios at the start of the league. In all discussions regarding gender ratios, please involve all women on both teams in the process. At no point may a team play with 7 men on the line. Be respectful in gender ratio discussions. Do not force an opposing team to play a man down all game to favor your own team to win. Winning is a bonus to playing ultimate, not the only goal.
Other Odds and Ends (It would be great if you read this)
Recreational Level League Definition
- Open to all skill levels.
- Spirited play (Spirit of the Game).
- Emphasis on gender equity.
- Experienced players are encouraged to assist new and developing players both on the sideline and in games.
- Win-at-all-cost behavior and intense physicality are strictly prohibited.
- “Check feet” is not a legal call. If you think a player is out of bounds actively call them “out”. Not “I think you’re out” or “you might be out,” but “you are out”. After play has stopped, the discussion is about which player has best perspective and if the player was actually in or out of bounds. Generally the player catching the disc does not always have the best perspective.
- You can take back your “out” call if you find they were actually inbounds during the discussion. “My bad, you were actually in.”
- Realize that there are always different perspectives to every situation, and everyone’s judgment is clouded somewhat by the outcomes they desire.
- After a call is made BE CALM
- Breathe don’t react straight away
- Explain what you think happened
- Consider what they think happened
- Ask other players for advice (on perspective and rules) if needed
- Listen to what everyone involved has had to say
- Make a call loudly and clear (and use hand signals)
- For the full set of ultimate rules refer to the USA Ultimate 11th edition rule book
- The “contact” call is still technically an experimental rule under USAU. Not everyone knows it nor will you find it in the 11th edition rulebook.
- Dangerous Play: Reckless disregard for the safety of fellow players is considered dangerous play and is to be treated as a foul, regardless of whether or when contact occurs. This rule is not superseded by any other rule. If uncontested, this must be treated as the most relevant foul.
(Friday) 7:30 pm - 10:30 pm
Southside Youth Soccer Park
2001 Country Club Way S