Tampa Bay Ultimate is proud to present Winter League 2024! WHEN: Thursdays, starting February 15th, 2024, 7:00-10:00pm. WHERE: 31st
Tampa Bay Ultimate is proud to present Winter League 2024!
WHEN: Thursdays, starting February 15th, 2024, 7:00-10:00pm.
WHERE: 31st St. Sports Complex (4801 31st St S, St. Petersburg, FL 33712)
PLAYER FEES & CHECKLIST:
- League entry: $40 Registration fee + $15 optional jersey
- Final date to register Wednesday, Jan 31st 2024.
- Please do not forget to update your shirt size in your profile.
Additional Sign Up Info:
Baggage is not allowed for Winter League, with the exception of players who are new to the ultimate community. Please contact the League Director if you are bringing someone who is new to our league. Baggage of this kind will NOT be honored without contacting the League Director.
If you register but do not see your name on the roster below, PLEASE CONTACT THE LEAGUE DIRECTOR DIRECTLY.
Winter League will use a wait-list during signups. The initial benchmark is 96 players – 60 slots are guaranteed for men, 36 for women. After those thresholds, signups will be placed on a wait list. If waitlisted players are not placed in the league, they will be refunded their full signup amount.
Signups will close on January 31st, unless otherwise announced.
Students who are Women Matching Players may sign up for $20 using code: WMPSTUD23
For More Info, Contact:
Evan Ihlenfeldt, President – firstname.lastname@example.org
Dominic Monafo, League Director – email@example.com
- 2 game each night, starting at 7:15pm
- Games to 13, halftime at 7. Halftime will be 10 minutes.
- Soft Cap is 75 minutes from the start of the round. The winning team has to score the last point.
- At the time of soft cap, finish the current point, then add one to the higher score and play to that. Waiting to pull the disc or waiting during halftime is part of the current point. If one team scores to 13 at the time of soft cap, the game is over.
- Teams are allowed 1 timeout per half. Timeouts are allowed in soft cap. Please aim to keep timeouts under two minutes.
By enrolling in this event, you explicitly agree to the terms of the TBUltimate Waiver & Release posted here. Finally, once you enroll for this event, please make sure your t-shirt size & gender, skill level, and athletic ability are accurately filled out in your user profile.
January 16th: Registration OPEN
February 2nd: Registration ends at 11:59 PM
February 15th: Week 1
February 22nd: Week 2
February 29th: Week 3
March 7th Week 4
March 14th : Week 5
March 21st: Week 6
March 28th Week 7
April 4th: Playoffs
April 11th: Rain day
Other Important Details
Gender Ratio Rules
Captains will be provided with a guideline for gender ratios at the start of the league. In all discussions regarding gender ratios, please involve all women on both teams in the process. At no point may a team play with 7 men on the line. Be respectful in gender ratio discussions. Do not force an opposing team to play a man down all game to favor your own team to win. Winning is a bonus to playing league, not the only goal.
Other Odds and Ends:
- “Check feet” is not a legal call. If you think a player is out of bounds actively call them “out”. Not “I think you’re out” or “you might be out,” but “you are out”. After play has stopped, the discussion is about which player has best perspective and if the player was actually in or out of bounds. Generally, the player catching the disc does not always have the best perspective.
- You can take back your “out” call if you find they were actually inbounds during the discussion. “My bad, you were actually in.”
- Realize that there are always different perspectives to every situation, and everyone’s judgment is clouded somewhat by the outcomes they desire.
After a call is made BE CALM
- Breathe don’t react straight away
- Explain what you think happened
- Consider what they think happened
- Ask other players for advice (on perspective and rules) if needed
- Listen to what everyone involved has had to say
- Make a call loudly and clear (and use hand signals)
- For the full set of ultimate rules refer to the USA Ultimate 2020-2021 Ruleset
- Dangerous Play: Reckless disregard for the safety of fellow players is considered dangerous play and is to be treated as a foul, regardless of whether or when contact occurs. This rule is not superseded by any other rule. If uncontested, this must be treated as the most relevant foul.
(Thursday) 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
31st Street Sports Complex
4801 31st St S, St Petersburg, FL 33712
Ticket Section Title
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!