Tampa Bay Ultimate is proud to present Fall League 2018. Fall League 2018 will be Recreational Level co-ed. League will be held Friday evenings from September 14 to
Tampa Bay Ultimate is proud to present Fall League 2018. Fall League 2018 will be Recreational Level co-ed. League will be held Friday evenings from September 14 to November 11 (playoffs on a Sunday) at Southside Youth Soccer Park in St. Pete 7:30pm-10:30pm. The first week of league will be hatter style to allow players to meet each other, get a sense of the game, and allow new players to be evaluated by captains. The Friday night of September 21 will be no league due to many TBU board members and players participating in SE Club Regionals in Sarasota. Playoffs will be Sunday November 11 3pm-8pm. Playoffs will be all on one night and extended to accommodate an additional round of play for that night. Baggage is allowed for Fall League 2018. If you wish to baggage with another player, you must select each other during the checkout process. It is also helpful to confirm baggage with League Director.
The entry fee for this league is $45, but there are early bird specials! Up through August 24, you can sign up for just $40! Sign ups will remain open through September 14. Any additions after that date may not be possible but check with the League Director. Finally, once you enroll for this event, please make sure your t-shirt size, skill level, and athletic ability are accurately filled out in your user profile.
New for Fall League 2018 we are looking for 10-15 players(men and women) to participate in an experimental sub-pool. We’re looking for players who can make it out to league every week. On weeks where attendance is poor, the sub-pool will be spread to different teams to help balance out attendance issues. If attendance is good, then sub-pool players will have a default team to be placed on for the season. The sub-pool will help reduce the number of games of full squad teams vs savage number teams. Sub-pool players get to play at a discounted rate. Reach out to League Director to sign up for the sub-pool.
Finally, once you enroll for this event, please make sure your t-shirt size, skill level, and athletic ability are accurately filled out in your user profile.
Recreational Level League Definition:
- Open to all skill levels.
- Relaxed and spirited(Spirit of the Game).
- Emphasis on gender equity.
- Further honing of skills learned in Beginner League.
- Experienced players are encouraged to assist new and developing players both on the sideline and in games.
- Win at all cost behavior and intense physicality are strictly prohibited.
- 2 games a night. Start times at 7:30pm & 9:00pm.
- Games to 13, halftime at 7. Halftime should be no more than 5 minutes.
- Soft cap(+1) is at 75 minutes from the start of the round. 8:45pm & 10:15pm. No hard cap. The winning team has to score the last point.
- At the time of soft cap, finish the current point, then add one to the higher score and play to that. Waiting to pull the disc is part of the current point. Waiting during halftime is part of the current point. If you score to 13 at the time of soft cap, you win.
- 1 timeout per half, timeouts are allowed in soft cap.
- Try to keep timeouts under 2 minutes.
- In the rare event that a round 1 game rolls over into round 2 please be considerate to the teams still playing. It’s most likely that the trailing team is on an amazing comeback streak to possibly win the game.
Gender Ratio Rules
- At the start of the game captains will decide if gender ratio throughout the game will be offense dictates or end zone dictates. If end zone dictates use the same end zone all game.
- 5men/2women is the default gender ratio for Fall League 2018, certain points can be 4men/3women or 6men/1women.
- Include women players on gender ratio discussions! For example, if one or both teams only have 2 women for the night, ask those women how much they want to play 5/2 vs 6/1. While we want include more women playing ultimate we don’t want to do it at the expense of severely fatiguing our current players. Playing every point isn’t fun regardless of gender.
- Under no circumstances should a team have 7 men on the field. You can sometimes play 6 men vs 6men/1woman or 5men/1woman vs 5men/2women.
- Be respectful in gender ratio discussions. Do not force an opposing team to play a man down all game to favor your own team to win. Winning is a bonus to playing ultimate not the only goal.
- August 24: Early bird special ends
- September 14: Registration closes & 1st week, hatter play
- September 21: No league due to TBU hosting SE Club Regionals in Sarasota
- September 28 to November 2: Regular season, 6 weeks
- November 11: Playoffs begin, 3 rounds of games on Sunday 3pm to 8pm
- November 18: Backup playoff night in case of rainout the week prior
- “Check feet” is not a legal call. If you think a player is out of bounds actively call them “out”. Not “I think you’re out” nor “you might be out” but “you-are-out”. After play has stopped the discussion is about which player has best perspective and if the player was actually in or out of bounds. Generally the player catching the disc does not always have the best perspective.
- You can take back your “out” call if you find they were actually inbounds during the discussion. “My bad, you were actually in”.
- Realize that there are always different perspectives to every situation, and everyone’s judgment is clouded somewhat by the outcomes they desire.
- After a call is made BE CALM
- Breathe don’t react straight away
- Explain what you think happened
- Consider what they think happened
- Ask other players for advice (on perspective and rules) if needed
- Listen to what everyone involved has had to say
- Make a call loudly and clear (and use hand signals)
- For the full set of ultimate rules refer to the USA Ultimate 11th edition rule book
- The “contact” call is still technically an experimental rule under USAU. Not everyone knows it nor will you find it in the 11th edition rulebook.
- WHEN: Fridays, September 14 to November 2, 7:30pm-10:30pm. Playoffs on Sunday November 11, 3pm-8pm.
- WHERE: Southside Youth Soccer Park (2001 County Club Way S)
- PLAYER FEE: $40 until August 24, $45 after. Registration closes September 14. There is a student discount for $25. Students may use the coupon code TBUFALL during checkout
- MORE INFO: Contact Nick Joyce.
(Friday) 7:00 pm - 10:30 pm
Southside Youth Soccer Park
2001 Country Club Way S
Ticket Section Title
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!