Signups for male matching players is now full. Any new registrations will be put on a waitlist. If you sign up and do not make
Signups for male matching players is now full. Any new registrations will be put on a waitlist. If you sign up and do not make it on a team, you will receive a refund.
Tampa Bay Ultimate is proud to present Fall League 2023!
WHEN: Thursdays, starting October 12th, 2023, 7:30-10:00pm.
WHERE: 31st St. Sports Complex (4801 31st St S, St. Petersburg, FL 33712)
PLAYER FEES: League entry: $30 until Tuesday, September 12th @ 11:59 PM, $40 after that. This price does NOT include a jersey. During the sign up process you will have the option of whether or not you want to have a jersey. All jerseys will be short sleeves and can be purchased for $12. Please do not forget to update your shirt size in your profile if needed. Please note that if you choose no jersey, you are responsible for having an appropriately colored shirt for the team you are on.
Signups will close on Saturday, September 30th unless otherwise announced.
- Short Sleeved jersey: $12.
Students who are Women Matching Players may sign up for $20 using code: WMPSTUD23
For More Info, Contact:
Mark Schimmel, League Director – email@example.com
Chris Chazee, Co-League Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTABLE CHANGES FOR FALL LEAGUE 2023
- We are moving from our traditional 2 games each night to one game, and pushing the start time back to 7:30pm. Our goal is to make sure each team has their full roster by the first pull, and minimize the rush off of the fields before the lights shut off. So much of what makes Tampa Bay Ultimate great is the community, and we want to ensure time for the community to flourish.
- After games are finished please take time to mingle, meet new players, and take part in some additional disc related activities.
Baggage is not allowed for Fall League, with the exception of players who are new to the ultimate community. Please contact the League Director if you are bringing someone who is new to our league. Baggage of this kind will NOT be honored without contacting the League Director.
*Please note that if you choose to opt out of a jersey, you will be responsible for having an appropriately colored jersey for the team you are on.*
Early-bird entry is $30 until Tuesday, September 12th at 11:59 PM. Otherwise, make sure to sign up by September 30th to guarantee your spot in the league for $40. Additions after that date may not be possible, but check with the League Director. If you register but do not see your name on the roster below, PLEASE CONTACT THE LEAGUE DIRECTOR DIRECTLY.
Fall League will use a wait-list during signups. The initial benchmark is 84 players – 48 slots are guaranteed for men, 36 for women. After those thresholds, signups will be placed on a wait list. If waitlisted players are not placed in the league, they will be refunded their full signup amount.
By enrolling in this event, you explicitly agree to the terms of the TBUltimate Waiver & Release posted here. Finally, once you enroll for this event, please make sure your t-shirt size & gender, skill level, and athletic ability are accurately filled out in your user profile.
September 6th: Signups OPEN
September 12th: Early Bird registration ends at 11:59 PM
September 30th: Last day to sign up
October 12th: Week 1
October 19th: Week 2
October 26th Week 3
November 2nd: Week 4
November 9th: Week 5
November 16th Week 6
November 23rd: BYE WEEK – Thanksgiving Day
November 30th: Week 7
December 7th: Playoffs
December 14th: Rain date/Playoffs
Other Important Details
- 1 game each night, starting at 7:30pm
- Games to 15, halftime at 8. Halftime will be 10 minutes.
- Soft Cap (+2) is 100 minutes from the start of the round – 9:10pm. The winning team has to score the last point.
- At the time of soft cap, finish the current point, then add one to the higher score and play to that. Waiting to pull the disc or waiting during halftime is part of the current point. If one team scores to 15 at the time of soft cap, the game is over.
- Teams are allowed 2 timeouts per half. Timeouts are allowed in soft cap. Please aim to keep timeouts under two minutes.
Gender Ratio Rules
Captains will be provided a guideline for gender ratios at the start of the league. In all discussions regarding gender ratios, please involve all women on both teams in the process. At no point may a team play with 7 men on the line. Be respectful in gender ratio discussions. Do not force an opposing team to play a man down all game to favor your own team to win. Winning is a bonus to playing league, not the only goal.
Other Odds and Ends:
- “Check feet” is not a legal call. If you think a player is out of bounds actively call them “out”. Not “I think you’re out” or “you might be out,” but “you are out”. After play has stopped, the discussion is about which player has best perspective and if the player was actually in or out of bounds. Generally the player catching the disc does not always have the best perspective.
- You can take back your “out” call if you find they were actually inbounds during the discussion. “My bad, you were actually in.”
- Realize that there are always different perspectives to every situation, and everyone’s judgment is clouded somewhat by the outcomes they desire.
After a call is made BE CALM
- Breathe don’t react straight away
- Explain what you think happened
- Consider what they think happened
- Ask other players for advice (on perspective and rules) if needed
- Listen to what everyone involved has had to say
- Make a call loudly and clear (and use hand signals)
- For the full set of ultimate rules refer to the USA Ultimate 2020-2021 Ruleset
- Dangerous Play: Reckless disregard for the safety of fellow players is considered dangerous play and is to be treated as a foul, regardless of whether or when contact occurs. This rule is not superseded by any other rule. If uncontested, this must be treated as the most relevant foul.
(Thursday) 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
31st Street Sports Complex
4801 31st St S, St Petersburg, FL 33712
Ticket Section Title