Signups for men are now closed. If you are still looking to sign up as a female-matching player, please reach out to Mark Schimmel.
Tampa Bay Ultimate is proud to present Fall League 2022!
WHEN: Mondays, starting October 10th, 2022, 7:00pm-10:00pm.
WHERE: Southside Soccer Complex (2001 Country Club Way S, St. Petersburg, FL 33712)
PLAYER FEES: League entry: $30 until Friday, September 30th @ 11:59 PM, $40 after that. This price does NOT include a jersey. During the sign up process you will have the option of whether or not you want to have a jersey. All jerseys will be short sleeves and can be purchased for $10. Please do not forget to update your shirt size in your profile if needed. Please note that if you choose no jersey, you are responsible for having an appropriately colored shirt for the team you are on.
Signups will close on October 9th unless otherwise announced.
- Short Sleeved jersey: $10.
Students may sign up for $25 using code: FLSTUD22
MORE INFO: Contact, Mark Schimmel, Fall League Director
Fall League will be mixed play open to all skill levels. The first week of league will be hatter style to allow players to meet each other, get a sense of the game, and to allow new and returning players to be evaluated by captains prior to the draft. After that, round robin play will begin on October 17th. Please see the schedule below for dates.
Baggage is not allowed for Fall League, with the exception of players who are new to the ultimate community. Please contact the League Director if you are bringing someone who is new to our league. Baggage of this kind will NOT be honored without contacting the League Director.
*Please note that if you choose to opt out of a jersey, you will be responsible for having an appropriately colored jersey for the team you are on.*
Early-bird entry is $30 until Friday,, September 30th at 11:59 PM. Otherwise, make sure to sign up by October 9th to guarantee your spot in the league for $40. Additions after that date may not be possible, but check with the League Director. If you register but do not see your name on the roster below, PLEASE CONTACT THE LEAGUE DIRECTOR DIRECTLY.
Fall League will use a rolling wait-list during signups. The initial benchmark is 108 players – 72 slots are guaranteed for men, 36 for women. After those thresholds, signups will be placed on a wait list. If the total amount of signups reaches 128 players, we will move all waitlist signups into the league pool and the new cap will be 144 players, so long as enough women have signed up for the league to support 8 teams (at least 40 women). Any players past 144 will be waitlisted. If waitlisted players are not placed in the league, they will be refunded their full signup amount.
By enrolling in this event, you explicitly agree to the terms of the TBUltimate Waiver & Release posted here.
Finally, once you enroll for this event, please make sure your t-shirt size & gender, skill level, and athletic ability are accurately filled out in your user profile.
September 14th: Signups OPEN
September 30th: Early Bird registration ends at 11:59 PM
October 9th: Last day to sign up
October 10th: League Mixer (2 games with players assigned to teams when they arrive at the fields)
October 17th: Week 1
October 24th: Week 2
October 31st: Week 3
November 7th: Week 4
November 14th: Week 5
November 21st: Playoffs (6 teams)/Week 6 (8 teams)
November 28th: Rain date Playoffs (6 teams)/Playoffs (8 teams)
December 5th: Rain date Playoffs (8 teams)
Other Important Details
- 2 games a night, starting at 7:00 pm & 8:30 pm.
- Games to 13, halftime at 7. Halftime may be no more than 5 minutes.
- Soft Cap (+1) is at 75 minutes from the start of the round – 7:15 pm & 9:45 pm. The winning team has to score the last point.
- At the time of soft cap, finish the current point, then add one to the higher score and play to that. Waiting to pull the disc or waiting during halftime is part of the current point. If one team scores to 13 at the time of soft cap, the game is over.
- Teams are allowed 1 timeout per half and one floating timeout each game. Timeouts are allowed in soft cap. Please aim to keep timeouts under two minutes.
- In the rare event that a round 1 game rolls over into round 2, please be considerate to the teams still playing. It’s most likely that the trailing team is on an amazing comeback to try and win the game.
Gender Ratio Rules
Captains will be provided a guideline for gender ratios at the start of the league. In all discussions regarding gender ratios, please involve all women on both teams in the process. At no point may a team play with 7 men on the line. Be respectful in gender ratio discussions. Do not force an opposing team to play a man down all game to favor your own team to win. Winning is a bonus to playing league, not the only goal.
Other Odds and Ends:
- “Check feet” is not a legal call. If you think a player is out of bounds actively call them “out”. Not “I think you’re out” or “you might be out,” but “you are out”. After play has stopped, the discussion is about which player has best perspective and if the player was actually in or out of bounds. Generally the player catching the disc does not always have the best perspective.
- You can take back your “out” call if you find they were actually inbounds during the discussion. “My bad, you were actually in.”
- Realize that there are always different perspectives to every situation, and everyone’s judgment is clouded somewhat by the outcomes they desire.
- After a call is made BE CALM
- Breathe don’t react straight away
- Explain what you think happened
- Consider what they think happened
- Ask other players for advice (on perspective and rules) if needed
- Listen to what everyone involved has had to say
- Make a call loudly and clear (and use hand signals)
- Dangerous Play: Reckless disregard for the safety of fellow players is considered dangerous play and is to be treated as a foul, regardless of whether or when contact occurs. This rule is not superseded by any other rule. If uncontested, this must be treated as the most relevant foul.