THANK YOU for volunteering for the USA Ultimate National Championships. This event would not be possible without volunteers!
We will be using a website called Sign Up to manage the shifts, check in/out, and send mass communications! I will include instructions below.
Positions and guidelines:
- Water/Ice- Must have driver license and be comfortable operating a golf cart as well lifting 5 gallon water container (40lbs). Great for volunteers not familiar with Ultimate. Most likely working in pairs.
- Score Keeper- Keeping score, updating the scoreboard and reporting score in live time to our head Score Keeper via a google voice to text number.
- Stat Keeping- Must be familiar with the game and able to keep track of goals, assist, d’s and turnover using the provided stat tracker form.
- ESPN Spotters- ESPN is be filming games on Saturday and Sunday. Volunteers will be stationed around the field to assist the head stat keeper on the game. Must be familiar with the game.
- Field Security- For all filmed games, we will have field security stationed around the stadium.
- Parking- No experience needed. Volunteers will be welcoming players, guests, etc at the main gate, checking wristbands and collect payment for spectators and directing patrons to parking spots. Also, alerting Hospitality Manager on food deliveries.
- Admission- On Sunday only, parking will be free but we will collect payment to enter the main stadium.
- Data Entry- Throughout the tournament we will need volunteers to enter scores and stats into the USA Ultimate online system. Please email us if you’d like volunteer for this or add it in the comment section if you’d like to do data entry before or after one of your shifts.
Tampa Bay Ultimate will be providing lunch, snacks and beverages daily for our volunteers! As well as a volunteer T-Shirt. It is recommended that you bring sunscreen, a hat, a large bottle water to carry, a collapsible chair (score/stat keepers).
To sign up for shifts:
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our SignUp : http://signup.com/go/NxPCXqp
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions!